Panelists discuss E911 enterprise compliance (with related audio)
From Unified Communications Strategies: In this podcast, a panel of consultants discusses E911 enterprise compliance. As unified communications allows greater flexibility in how a workforce is deployed, the issues and challenges involved in employee safety increase.
Takeaways from this podcast:
- The best thing that an enterprise can do is to plan, and approach their vendor partners to see if they have an E911 strategy that they can help you with.
- For consultants and enterprises, be very explicit in RFP requirements as to the things that you need in your E911 compliance for your state or where you do business.
- Do other things just outside of technology. Talk to your safety and governance people or your risk executives as to what those policies are and what they are prepared to do.
- Do your homework as to what happens when you make a 911 call today. Is the right information posted as to the actual service ID address that a visitor is at? Do they really know what address they are able to give to a PSAP Officer if they had to make a 911 call?
- At a campus where you check in with security, what are the orientations that you give to a visitor or someone when they sign in? Are they escorted? Is there a piece of information that you can put on the back of their visitor badge that tells them some of the components or advice about dialing E911 from their enterprise campus?