Radiosys, BTS demo LTE in a box
BTS and Radisys recently held a live demonstration of their interoperable products — CoreTx and Trillium small-cell software, which deliver commercial-grade 4G LTE technologies in harsh operating environments, enabling their customers to develop and rapidly deploy end-to-end 4G LTE cellular networks.
With a 3G cellular solution already deployed in Afghanistan, BTS has established itself as a leading provider of small form factor, ruggedized and rapidly deployable cellular technology. Its next-generation CoreTx solution is poised to provide the fastest and most cost-effective deployable 4G cellular network to date.
Running with BTS invented Praefectus — now a government owned product — the CoreTx Evolved Packet System, Radisys’ Trillium LTE core network software and ruggedized COM Express modules, BTS demonstrated the following capabilities:
- LTE small-cell 4G technology (approximately 4 pounds)
- Next-generation HSPA+
- Advanced Self Organizing Network (SON)
- Spectrum survey, jammer avoidance and frequency de-confliction
- Dynamic core network optimized for highly mobile scenarios
- Software-defined radio with dramatically reduced size, weight and power
- Intelligent routing to enable mobility and 3GPP standardized communication
- Real-time cellular management utilizing government-owned Praefectus mission management software