If you’re standing still, you’re falling behind
The movie "Apollo 13" spawned one of pop culture's most iconic phrases, "failure is not an option." Here at Urgent Communications, neither is complacency.
We're always looking for better ways of doing what we do, which is to provide timely information that will help you become more productive and efficient. This also holds true for our sister event, the International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE). Quite a long time ago — well before any of our competitors — we introduced e-newsletters, and then webinars and podcasts, to our coverage. More recently, we have turned to video as we cover the major trade shows and educational conferences that serve the communications technology industry. All of this has added to our workloads considerably, but it is well worth the effort and investment because, we believe it benefits our audience.
The latest upgrade occurs at 9:00 p.m. EDT tonight, when our newly redesigned website launches (It still will be found at urgentcomm.com). We're very excited about this development, which has been months in the making. The website is more pleasing graphically, and content is better organized. There is a good bit of additional functionality that will make your visits to the site more productive. For example:
- Easier navigation and an advanced search engine will let visitors dig deeper into our content more quickly.
- Enhanced integration of stories, video, webcasts and podcasts will provide a richer multimedia experience.
- Better social-media integration will make it easier for our audience to find us on Facebook and Twitter.
- The ability to subscribe to any of our four e-newsletters now is faster and easier.
- An enhanced polling capability enables us to deliver deeper analytics concerning the key issues and trends that are affecting our industry.
What's next? We're not quite sure, but rest assured that we'll think of something. In the meantime, please visit UC's new website (after 9 p.m. EDT). We hope you enjoy it — more importantly, we hope that you find it even more useful.
What do you think? Tell us in the comment box below.