Check out speed-networking opportunities at IWCE 2016
By Nadira Ramatally, IWCE marketing manager
Speed Networking is a new opportunity for you to connect with other attendees at IWCE 2016. This innovative form of networking gives you the chance to meet more business professionals in a shorter amount of time (45 minutes). The goal of speed networking is to improve your connections and develop business relationships with multiple contacts. Sessions will be held twice per day on Monday, March 21, and Tuesday, March 22. The cost will be $99 per opportunity.
If you plan on attending, here are some helpful tips and tricks to help you excel as a speed networker.
Before the Speed-Networking Session
- Prepare! Decide and practice what you will say in advance.
- Focus on making a positive first impression.
- Have at least 30 business cards ready.
- Always bring a notepad and a pen.
During the Speed-Networking Session
- Remember that first impressions are important!
- Exchange contact information, talk and discuss why you are at IWCE.
- Show your personality, but get to the point. You will only have 2-3 minutes for each round.
- Try not to sell yourself. Instead, discuss your business and clients.
- Always give your business card and shake each person’s hand you meet.
- Take notes! It will help you remember each conversation.
After the Speed-Networking Session
- Research the connections that stuck out to you. See if you could be a good fit for each company.
- Follow up – you only have a limited amount of time during the speed-networking session, so this will make them remember you. Send an e-mail, make a call, or set up an appointment.
To learn more and to register for IWCE, visit our website at iwceexpo.com. See you at the show!