E911 Institute Looking for Nominations
The E911 Institute has opened nominations for its seventh annual 911 Honors Awards Gala. Nominations must be received by Feb. 1.
The awards dinner is part of the upcoming “911 Goes to Washington,” to be held in March and co-hosted by the National Emergency Number Association (NENA), the Association of Public-Safety Communications-Officials (APCO) International, the National Association of State 911 Administrators (NASNA), and the 911 Industry Alliance.
Nominations will be accepted in the in following categories:
- 911 call-taker/dispatcher: Candidates should have a proven track record of service in the field and a reputation for going the extra mile on behalf of emergency callers.
- Citizen in action: This award honors someone who demonstrated exceptional bravery and heroism to save a life in a critical time using 911.
- First responder: This award recognizes law enforcement, fire rescue and or EMS providers for their professionalism, initiative, creativity or diligence in assisting a person reporting and/or experiencing an emergency situation.
- Government leader: This award recognizes the federal, state or local government leader who has displayed the greatest effort to advance the 911 capabilities.
- Industry professional: This award honors an individual or organization in the commercial sector that has demonstrated exceptional contributionstoward the advancement of emergency 911 communications.
- 911 technician: This award recognizes the technology support staff within a 911 authority or jurisdiction whose efforts make available and maintain the critical technology systems necessary to answer, process and respond to emergency calls.
- Outstanding 911 call center: This award recognizes a 911 call center for overall excellence in serving the public including the handling of emergency situations reported to 911, and the deployment and management of new technology.
- Outstanding 911 program: This award recognizes a state or regional 911 program for excellence in serving the public including the handling of emergency situationsand the deployment and management of new technology.
The nomination form and instructions can be found
online. The awards gala will be held March 16.