APCO opens nominations for communications-center awards
The Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) has opened nominations for the 2010 Horizon Award, which recognizes the technological advancements of communications centers across the nation with the enhancement of voice and data communications. The intent of this award is to acknowledge the efforts of communications centers that have proactively assessed and met the technological and operational needs of their center, employees and service population. Nominations are due April 1.
- Nominations will be open to the public safety communications industry
- A nomination form shall be used to consistently gather information on the award candidate
- The selection team will consist of at least three people as designated by the 911 Emerging Technologies Committee Chair
- The selection committee review shall be blind as it relates to vendor-specific technology
- The award sponsor will send a representative to the annual conference to present the award
- The selection committee reserves the right to contact nominees for Q&A and for clarification/completion of information from the application form. Selection committee members will not include employees from commercial members
A winner will be recognized in each of two categories: Category I: Small – Medium PSAP (up to 75 employees) and Category II: Large PSAP (more than 75 employees).
A representative from the winning PSAPs will be recognized at APCO’s annual conference in August.