APCO awards exceptional telecommunicators
The Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International honored recipients of APCO’s Annual Public Safety Communications Award Program at the 2011 Conference & Exposition in Philadelphia.
APCO presented seven categories of annual awards to public-safety communications personnel who demonstrate the highest levels of personal and professional conduct and performance in the line of duty.
The 2011 award winners are:
- Richard Garman, Grays Harbor Communications E-911, Aberdeen, Wash. Telecommunicator of the Year
- Robin Schmidt, Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office,West Palm Beach, Fla. Communications Center Director of the Year
- Shayl McCormick, City of Tucson Communications Division, Tucson, Ariz. Line Supervisor of the Year
- Peter Loewenheim, Washington County, Communications Maintenance, Hagerstown, Md. Radio Frequency (RF) Technologist of the Year
- Robert Jeffrey, Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Winter Park, Fl. Information Technologist of the Year
- Connie Felten, Lee’s Summit Police Department, Lee’s Summit, Mo. Trainer of the Year
- Pima County Sheriff’s Department, Tucson, Az. Team of the Year